If you ever find an injured bird of prey, this is what you need to do:
- Make sure that the bird really needs help
- If it is a hatchling or juvenile, leave it where it is and contact us.
- Wear protection gloves and use a blanket to catch the bird.
- Place the bird rapidly in a perforated cardboard box. Avoid metal cages.
- Keep the bird in a calm dark area with moderate temperature (22 à 25 degré Celsius) Limit its contact with humans.
- Contact the Clinique des oiseaux de proie, with the toll-free number: 1-877-644-4545, or, outside of office hours: S.O.S. braconnage firstname.lastname@example.org \ 1-800-463-2191 in order to send us the bird.
- Send us the bird as quickly as possible in order to increase its chance of survival.
You can contact the Clinique des oiseaux de proie at :
Faculté de médecine vétérinaire
Université de Montréal
514 345-8521 poste 8427 for calls from the Montreal area
450 773-8521 poste 8427